We help organisations tackle digital exclusion.
We do this in four ways, by supporting you to:
- Understand the issue more deeply;
- Develop strategy, action plans and partnerships;
- Deliver digital inclusion through digital champions;
- Manage and measure change through staff training, signposting, marketing, monitoring and evaluation.
Our expertise and offer
Our flagship offer is Switch, which will help you increase uptake of your digital services by engaging with more of your customers on the digital journey. Our Switch programme has been match funded by the National Lottery Community Fund until May 2020, to make it more cost effective for your organisation to work with us.
As well as our Switch programmes, we can also support you in:
- Bespoke research and evaluation;
- Delivery and design of awards or grant schemes; or
- As a trusted charity partner for your own programmes.
We have a broad understanding of the many issues surrounding digital inclusion, and in-depth analysis of how this issue should be tackled and how progress can be measured:
- The Case for a Systemic Approach to Digital Skills (pdf, 2014) – which covers our perspective on the relevance of digital inclusion to employability skills
- Digital Accessibility: a brief landscaping (pdf, 2015) – summarising the state of play regarding digital accessibility, looking at trends in demographics and technology; the policy and standards landscape; and the case for digital accessibility for businesses and other organisations
- Get IT Together: a longitudinal study (pdf, 2014) – research evaluating the impact of digital skills over the longer term, including employment outcomes.