This page is is still in draft mode.
Accessibility policy statement
Accessibility is at the heart of what we do at Citizens Online. We are in the business of removing the barriers to the digital world for everyone.
This site is designed with accessibility for all as a guiding principle. This means:
- It runs on WordPress, one of the most accessible-by-default website systems
- We chose a theme (Aaron) that was stated to be “accessibility-ready” and responsive
- We have carefully considered the structure of the site and how users can navigate it most easily
- We have thought carefully about how the information on each page is structured and labelled
- We have aimed to use language and design that is clear and cognitively accessible, while being appropriate to our intended audiences
- We have used paragraphs of reasonable length, and line length (measure), font size, and paragraph spacing that are designed to be within readability guidelines
- We have checked our colour combinations for visibility and contrast ratios, bearing in mind various impairments that our visitors may have
- We aim to adhere to standards and best practice for technical accessibility eg alternative text for all illustrative (as opposed to decorative) images and charts, meaningful link text, keyboard-accessible navigation, and logical page structures
- All parts of site should be as fully accessible to mobile device browsers and computers with smaller screens as they are to those with larger screens
Our policy is that:
- Our website should not present barriers to access and use for anyone visiting the site, whether using assistive technologies, various devices and screen sizes, or via slower connections;
- We will respond to all comments or complaints about the accessibility of our website(s), and where issues are identified we will try to put things right as soon as possible.
Data: What we collect
Citizens Online collects personal data through the forms on this site. The data we collect are only what the user provides to us: usually their name and email address plus the content of a short message. We do not collect any other personal data about site users. The data are stored safely within our secure contact database, and are never shared outside our organisation unless with the express prior consent of the person concerned. We also have a subscriber database for our Mailchimp newsletters.
Reasons for collecting data
The reason we collect and store this information is to respond fully to user requests and enquiries and in order to keep in touch with people about our work.
User tracking and cookies policy statement
We use Google Analytics to gather anonymous data about visitors to this site.
We also have internal organisational policies relating to equality, ecological impact, and ethical practice. Summary statements of these policies are not yet available on this website.