Digital transformation can be challenging for organisations.
You’re designing brilliant online services – but how can you ensure that everyone can access them and has the skills to use them? Switch is our answer: a whole system approach to digital inclusion, based on our years of delivery experience and research.
And we have National Lottery Community funding to help build a digital inclusion project where you are! See below for more information.
We know that there are pockets of digital exclusion everywhere; the problem is systemic, and no organisation can address it alone. Switch is our tried and tested sustainable solution that will help you improve digital access and skills across your community by:
- pinpointing where digitally excluded people live in your area, using detailed data and mapping tools
- analysing your local digital inclusion assets, and locating the gaps in provision
- assessing your organisation’s capability to deliver a digitally-inclusive service, and how stakeholders in your area can work together more effectively to tackle digital exclusion
- being the launchpad for a local, cross-sector digital inclusion network with a joint action plan
- supporting you to implement a Digital Champions programme, including free access to the Digital Champions Network
We know that organisations are at very different stages of digital transformation, so we’ve made Switch flexible. There are many elements that can be tailored to your needs in a bespoke digital inclusion package.
Switch… in depth
There are three main phases to our Switch approach: Switch Readiness, Switch Resources and Switch Resilience.
Our Switch Readiness programme of research and partnership development will help you baseline your current digital inclusion challenges and opportunities.
We will help to develop an action plan for digital inclusion, with measurable impacts, founded in partnership working, and delivering on wider strategic drivers. Our programme includes:
- a comprehensive baseline report demonstrating the digital landscape for your community
- digital exclusion risk assessment, asset mapping, gaps and needs analysis
- local partnership development through engagement activities, including facilitated workshops, surveys and in–depth interviews
- development of a strategic action plan with key partners, using local evidence and advice based on good practice developed elsewhere.
Our Switch Resources programme helps your partnership to deliver a digital inclusion action plan. We can assist with staff training, signposting and the deployment of different types of Digital Champions. Customer journey changes can also be made that align service transformation with digital inclusion support. Our programme includes:
- recruitment and training of Digital Champions from within your own and partner organisations, increasing the capacity to deliver basic digital skills
- free access to the Digital Champions Network including extensive resources
- reliable and up–to–date signposting tools for online access points, digital skills training and related issues such as literacy support
- consultancy advice on customer journeys for specific services, to improve efficiency and outcomes
- targeted marketing and promotion of activities across a locality, to raise the profile of digital inclusion activity through workshops, meetings and campaigns
- an evaluation and monitoring framework to measure your journey and successes.
Our Switch Resilience programme will help you to deepen and extend your partnership, finding additional resources through mainstreaming digital inclusion. We can assist with fundraising bids, project management and networking events. We help focus on growing understanding between partners so that wider partner needs are met.
Our programme includes:
- cycles of learning, review and improvement focused on activities and targets set by local partners
- assessing outcomes, based on a tried and tested monitoring framework and industry–standard return on investment measures
- understanding what a local area needs to sustain Digital Champion skills and/or capacity to deliver basic digital skills provision into the future, including funding, people and information resources
- looking for opportunities to mainstream and fund digital inclusion work and coordination activities; making applications
- planning for any transition in project management.
Switch brings people together to tackle the issues. We usually find that many agencies in an area offer digital skills support but sometimes don’t know about each other’s services, duplicate effort or miss opportunities for collaborating and improving services. Our approach yields better results through an improved evidence base and promoting shared understanding between organisations.
Switch is currently match funded by the National Lottery Community Fund up to 50%, significantly reducing the costs of a project to your organisation.
A project usually takes four to six months to complete. The lead partner is usually a local authority, clinical commissioning group or housing association. We’re equally happy to work with a consortium of partners who may work together on joint aims.
Get in touch now to find out more – you can simply use the form below.