Since 2000, Citizens Online has worked across the United Kingdom. Our projects and research include supporting diverse clients from metropolitan Boroughs to rural areas like the Scottish Highlands and Islands and Northern Ireland. You can download a pdf of our Portfolio here
Over 23 years our work has varied, but has always remained focused on digital and social inclusion. We have produced research, developed partnerships, delivered and evaluated projects, delivered training in digital leadership and inclusion and consulted, advised and written strategies for organisations going through digital transformation. We also operate a freephone digital skills helpline, 0808 196 5883 and deliver digital skills support to UK adults.
Recent clients include:
- Local authorities: West Sussex, Waltham Forest, Brighton & Hove, Gwynedd, Brent, Tower Hamlets, Barking and Dagenham, Ealing, Havering, Kensington & Chelsea, Lambeth, Dorset, North Yorkshire, Surrey, Epping Forest, East Hampshire, Ashfield, Charnwood, Harrogate, Medway
- Housing Associations: Torus, L&Q Housing, Clarion Futures, Hyde Housing, Orbit, Golding Homes, Town & Country Housing (Peabody Group)
- Health: Public Health England, Humber and North Yorkshire ICS, North West London ICS, Centre for Ageing Better, NHS South East London CCG, NHS Sussex
- Business: Hyperoptic, Conduent (Highways England), Triodos Bank, Maximus/Remploy, emovis
- Government: DCMS, Department for Communities and Local Goverenment
The One Digital consortium, which we were part of, won the Digital Skills Award at the Connected Britain Awards 2019 in June. Citizens Online won the 2015 Digital Leaders Award for “Best Digital Inclusion Product or Service” for our digital inclusion approach then called, ‘Switch’.
We have won other awards, such as:
- Amaze 2015 for our accessibility campaign Fix the Web
- Spring Online 2014 for our project in Nairn
- Business in the Community: Responsible Business Award 2013 – our partner BT won this for the Gwynedd Get IT Together project that we delivered
One Digital Programme
From 2015-2020, Citizens Online was involved in the One Digital programme to improve basic digital skills across the UK. Other delivery partners are Age UK, Clarion Housing Group, Digital Unite, and SCVO (with AbilityNet also taking part in Phase 1 of the project). The expertise gained from involvement in the programme helped us develop our current approach.