Digital Brighton & Hove (DBH) helps residents to build digital skills and confidence. We work collaboratively across Brighton & Hove and have built a cross-sector partnership which brings together over 300 organisations working to create a more digitally confident city. We train volunteers and staff in our network organisations to be digital champions. There are currently 288 digital champions across the City. We also work with Tech-Takeback and other local partners to provide those in need with devices and data.
The Digital Brighton & Hove offer
Support for individuals
- Freephone digital skills helpline
- Tailored 1-2-1 and group support from trained Digital Champions
- Access to computers and other digital devices
To request digital support in Brighton & Hove please complete our online referral form here, phone our Freephone Digital Support Helpline on 0808 196 5885 or text 07575 977345
“How can I thank you for all you’ve taught me on the laptop? You are such a good teacher – so patient and reassuring. As you know I was so nervous to begin with but gradually you’ve taken that fear away & assured me I CAN do it. Thank you so much”– Learner supported by a Digital Champion
Digital Support Signposting Map
The map below shows where free digital support, computer and Wi-fi access and courses are available across the City:
- Pins in PINK with a book symbol are organisations that provide digital skills courses
- Pins in NAVY BLUE with a Wi-Fi signal symbol are organisations that have Wi-Fi and devices to use
- Pins in YELLOW with a star symbol are organisations that provide digital support
Please contact us on DigitalBH@citizensonline.org.uk with additional digital offers to add to the map.
Support for organisations
In Brighton & Hove, we support organisations by:
- Providing Digital Inclusion training to help your staff and volunteers provide digital support to others. We call people who support others in this way ‘Digital Champions’
- Share resources and run ‘share and learn’ sessions for Digital Champions
- Run the Digital Inclusion Network for organisations in the area. These are run quarterly and consists of sharing best practice and digital inclusion resources, hosting local guest speakers, and addressing any barriers members have experienced
“Thank you for the Digital Champion training. As a result, Grace Eyre is hosting our first online safety drop-in for anyone with a learning disability or autism to attend. Please do share as an outcome of your excellent resources.”– Charlotte, Grace Eyre
If you would like to find out more about our work on the Digital Brighton & Hove project email us on DigitalBH@citizensonline.org.uk
Current funders and partners
The DBH project is currently funded by Brighton & Hove City Council, CAE Technology, GTR Thameslink Your Community’ Improvement Fund.
Organisations in the Digital Brighton and Hove network include:
- Grace Eyre
- Impact Initiatives
- Volunteering Matters Brighton Lifelines
- University of Sussex Institute of Development Studies.
Find out more about our work with the University of Sussex Institute of Development Studies on the Brighton Employment Project here.
Between April 2023 and September 2023, the DBH project and our partners have:
- Continued developing a partner network of 300+ organisations and 1000+ people engaged in all aspects of digital inclusion
- Trained 34 new Digital Champions and supported 288 existing Digital Champions
- Supported at least 4,658 new learners
- Delivered 2,318+ sessions of digital skills support
- Over 8,800 Attendances to digital support sessions
- Digital Brighton & Hove has provided 216 Digital Devices across the city
“My Digital Champion is wonderful – I can’t thank her enough…We do need this kind of help right now. People think it is a big mountain [to climb] but with my Digital Champion it is not. Brilliant, brilliant!”