Core Projects and Partners
Citizens Online has worked across the United Kingdom in all four nations, including deep-rural areas like the Scottish Highlands and Islands, Gwynedd in Wales, and Northern Ireland.
Our work is varied, but focused on digital and social inclusion. We produce research, develop partnerships, evaluate projects, deliver training in digital leadership and inclusion and consult, advise and write strategies for organisations going through digital transformation.
Our clients include:
- Local authorities at county, borough, district and unitary levels:
- London boroughs, Bristol, Brighton & Hove, Surrey, Dorset, Harrogate, Epping Forest, Whitehill & Bordon Healthy New Town project.
- Government departments such as DCMS
- Health sector, including Public Health England
- Housing Associations: Hyde Housing, Orbit and Town & Country Housing (Peabody Group).
One Digital / National Lottery Fund
Since 2015, Citizens Online has been involved in the One Digital programme to improve basic digital skills across the UK. Other delivery partners are Age UK, Clarion Housing Group, Digital Unite, and SCVO (with AbilityNet also taking part in Phase 1 of the project). The programme has funded our Switch approach to tacking digital exclusion across the UK.
Citizens Online won the 2015 Digital Leaders Award for “Best Digital Inclusion Product or Service” for our Switch suite of products.
We have won other awards, such as:
- Amaze 2015 for our accessibility campaign Fix the Web
- Spring Online 2014 for our project in Nairn
- Business in the Community: Responsible Business Award 2013 – our partner BT won this for the Gwynedd Get IT Together project that we delivered
Our previous work
The map below allows you to explore the places we have worked across the UK. Zoom in and pan around, then click on an icon for more information. You can also download a pdf version of our work.